Patent Expert Witness
ARL patent services are conducted by Dr. Schuyler Quackenbush, founder and CEO of Audio Research Labs. His technical expertise encompasses signal processing, speech and audio processing, including signal compression, media broadcast and streaming. He is an expert in MPEG, ETSI and 3GPP speech and audio standards.
He has more than 30 years of professional experience in engineering and engineering consulting, including more than 15 years as Member of Technical Staff at Bell Laboratories and AT&T Laboratories. He has authored over 30 technical articles, books, book chapters and conference papers and is a named inventor on 22 patents in the U.S. and one in Canada. He is co-author of the ISO/IEC MPEG Advanced Audio Coding standard, and is currently the Chair of the MPEG Audio subgroup.
Please refer to Dr. Quackenbush’s CV for more detailed information.
Dr. Quackenbush has more than 10 years of experience as an expert witness. He has acted as an expert in more than 17 matters, including
- As an expert in Petition for Inter Partes Review
- As an expert on patent non-infringement for defense
- As an expert on patent infringement for plaintiff
In the course of this work, Dr. Quackenbush has
- Written 26 expert reports
- Reviewed computer source code 1 time to identify segments indicating possible infringement
- Been deposed 12 times
- Testified 1 time in a jury trial
A detailed list of Dr. Quackenbush’s expert witness work is available on request.